NIA to investigate terrorist attack on Inspector Masroor

SSP level officer to lead probe
SRINAGAR, NOV 23: In a significant development, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the investigation into the terrorist attack on a police official that transpired at Eidgah in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory, on October 29.
The attack, in which the police officer was seriously injured, had sent shockwaves through the region, prompting a swift response from the NIA to ensure a thorough and impartial investigation.
According to sources, the NIA team, led by Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Sandeep Choudhary, arrived in Srinagar to assume control of the case.
Known for his expertise in counter-terrorism operations and investigations, SSP Choudhary brings a wealth of experience to the forefront, signalling the seriousness with which the NIA is treating this particular case.
The NIA, being the apex anti-terrorism investigative agency in India, often intervenes in cases of national importance or those with cross-border implications.
The decision to investigate the case by NIA underscores the severity and broader implications of the attack on the police official in Srinagar.
Sources in the NIA said that the agency is fully committed to unravelling the circumstances surrounding this cowardly act of terrorism. “We will leave no stone unturned to bring the perpetrators of this heinous crime to justice. Our primary focus is to ensure that the culprits are identified, apprehended, and held accountable for their actions,” they said.
The NIA team is expected to collaborate closely with Jammu and Kashmir police and other law enforcement agencies and intelligence units to gather crucial evidence, analyze forensic findings, and pursue leads that could help identify and apprehend the ‘terrorists’ responsible for the attack.
The investigation is expected to be exhaustive, considering the NIA’s track record in handling complex cases of terrorism.
In a shocking incident on October 29, 2023, terrorists targeted Jammu and Kashmir Police Inspector Masroor Ahmad near Eidgah in Srinagar, leaving him critically injured.
The officer, who was engaged in a friendly game of cricket with local boys at an Eidgah ground, became the victim of a trap by unidentified assailants.
Inspector Masroor Ahmad had sustained gunshot wounds to his lungs and head during the attack.
The injured inspector was swiftly evacuated to the Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) for urgent medical attention.
Hospital sources had reported that Inspector Ahmad was immediately taken into surgery upon arrival. The gravity of the injuries sustained in the attack, particularly to his lungs and head, necessitated prompt and specialized medical intervention.
Since then the officials at SKIMS remain tight-lipped about the current condition of Inspector Masroor Ahmad, citing the sensitivity of the ongoing medical treatment. However, sources close to the hospital have indicated that the medical team is working around the clock to provide the best possible care to the injured officer.
Security forces including the Jammu and Kashmir police had launched a comprehensive investigation into the incident, aiming to identify and apprehend the perpetrators responsible for the attack on Inspector Masroor Ahmad.
Intelligence agencies here in the UT were reportedly analyzing available information and exploring leads to bring those involved in the heinous act to justice.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts